Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The New Year!

What have I learned in the last year? I learned to love myself in spite of all the things that happened - good or bad. To show myself this affection. I began to notice a more significant amount of self respect. I owe this much to myself. Plus, I began to see the huge amount of work that I have left behind and have totally pushed in the background.

I realized that I can not project this love and get it from another person. It should come out from my own heart and there people around me will respond. I miss the satisfaction of simplicity. Things get complicated enough because of expectations. I don't want to deny myself anymore of these good things that make me happy. Perhaps I thought it did. But my mind is clearer as of this point.

For example, I thought I'd feel better if I just sit down and watch a movie the evening before my day off. I though hard and found out that it would be more satisfying if I just go ahead and finish something that I'd feel more accomplished after the activity.

Be thankful is another way of acknowledging the good work done. Now I am thankful that I have finished half of my work week. something accomplished on the job part of my life. Then there is this satisfaction that last night's search for a good enough finance software paid off. I began putting all the information in there and I'm happy I'm getting it done. I am thankful for all of these things. I am also thankful for the bread pudding.

No comments: